Creating Black & White Images with Impact
This workshop is specifically designed to help take your Black and White photography and image processing skills to the next level. With handy tips on how to capture great b&w images, coupled with how to bring out the best from your files in the digital darkroom, you’ll soon find yourself producing b&w photographs with great tones and visual impact regardless of subject matter. Created for small groups and conducted in a relaxed training environment on Apple hardware running the latest image editing software, you will be guided every step of the way in your journey to maximise b&w image potential.
This workshop includes:
- Getting the best files from your camera
- Device calibration
- What makes a great B&W image
- How to ‘see’ in B&W
- Translating colour into tones
- How to create tonal contrast and object separation
- Preparing images for B&W conversion
- Lightroom & Nik Silver Efex Pro B&W workflows
- Creating and using B&W presets
- Toning B&W images
- Preparing and printing a B&W image
- Comprehensive practical sessions with Q&A
- Step-by step guides covering each stage of the editing process
- My personal techniques and tips for creating B&W images with impact
- Individual tuition
+ an exhibition quality A3 B&W print of your work as well as a handy folder
of workshop material and course notes for you to take home.
Who is this Workshop for?
Anyone looking to take their Black & White image capture, post-processing and print skills to the next level and get the very best out of their digital files. The course assumes reasonable knowledge of digital camera operation and settings, as well as average computer skills and an understanding of files and folder structure. Some knowledge of Lightroom is of benefit. The course itself is designed to be as relaxed as possible, with plenty of opportunity for questions and 1-2-1 coaching.
Duration: 1 day (9am - 4pm)
Location: Fordoun (near Laurencekirk), Kincardineshire
Size: Minimum 2, maximum 4 participants
Price: £110 p/p*
2016 Workshop Dates:
- FULLY BOOKED
2017 Workshop Dates:
May 21st - full
Jun 18th - limited space
* A deposit of £50 is required at time of booking